Thursday 14 July 2016

Trying out Tanya Burr cosmetics



It goes without saying that I am perhaps not Tanya Burr's demographic... I am definitely not her biggest fan but what I am a fan of is matte liquid lipsticks. I seriously can't get enough, so when TB released a line of three shades, my curiosity was piqued. I saw my colleague, the lovely Natalie (check out her blog here) wearing Martha Moo, and it looked amazing on her. She very kindly lent me the set so I could review them :)

I'm going to try and be as unbiased as possible,  I swear... 

The names - Ok, the names made me cringe. They are so sickly sweet and too twee for me. 

The shades - Martha Moo is a gorgeous mauve, Rhubarb and Custard is a nice warm toned coral pink and Puppy Paws is a white-based neon pink shade. I think Puppy Paws is almost unwearable, in terms of brightness. Martha Moo is gorgeous, and the best one. I can see this suiting everyone. 

The packaging - Neutral. Frosted tube, TB logo, gold lid - no complaints here. 

The formula - These are highly scented - they smell just like the NYX soft matte lip creams (identical vanilla cake scent). The formula is pretty decent, I think. Nowhere near as good as KVD or Jeffree, but heaps more comfortable than Coloured Raine. It's not too drying, but it does feel a little crumbly when you reapply. When I googled the ingredients, the formula looks so similar to the Milani ones - just an FYI. They also look pretty similar to the Makeup Revolution ones. 


Overall, I think these are decent - you can get better, but you can get worse! For £5.99, I'd recommend Martha Moo, just for the beautiful shade. 

Have you tried anything from Tanya Burr?

Follow

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig